Your advocacy has been an essential part of progress over the last few years! As we celebrate success in advancing health equity, we know our work is far from finished. Join us in building on those early steps to move Connecticut further along the path to health equity in 2023!
In the year ahead, we will focus on priorities identified by Connecticut’s people. Health Equity Solutions’ 2022 Community Conversations highlighted consistent themes: access to affordable, quality health care, meeting basic needs, and anti-racism stood out as top priorities!
Advocate for health care access:
- Advocate for sustainable reimbursement of community health workers and doulas
- Promote efforts to address social and economic needs through Medicaid
Address barriers to health care costs:
- Ensure families with lower incomes, including all immigrants, can enroll in free health insurance
- Reduce the impact of medical debt by strengthening hospital financial assistance policies
Dismantle structural racism by centering equity in all policymaking:
- Monitor the implementation of race, ethnicity, and language data collection
- Ensure the state legislature and state regulators can leverage tools to assess the health equity implications of policy changes, including racial and ethnic impact statements
- Continue to work with the Commission on Racial Equity in Public Health to develop and implement a strategic plan for health equity in CT
To get involved, ask questions, or share your thoughts, please reach out. Sign up to receive action alerts here! And stay tuned…action alerts and more information about these priorities is coming soon.
HES continues to support additional policy issues vital to health equity, including those detailed in CT’s Path to Equity Guide to State Policy for Health Equity, through participation in coalitions and campaigns led by our partners.